ScholarshipsFellowshipsGrants & LoansTraineeships

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance - #64.117

Participants may pursue: (1) courses at colleges and universities leading to associate, bachelor or graduate degrees (including courses taken via accredited independent study, provided those courses lead to a standard college degree or a certificate that reflects educational attainment offered by an institution of higher learning); (2) courses leading to a certificate or diploma from colleges or universities or from business, technical or vocational schools; (3) apprenticeship or on-the-job training programs; (4) correspondence courses, but only for spouses and surviving spouses; (5) state-approved teacher certification programs; (6) preparatory courses for tests necessary for admission to a college or graduate school; (7) reimbursement for licensing and certification tests approved for veterans; (8) reimbursement for national exams for admission to college or for college credit; (9) courses leading to a high school diploma or equivalent. A special restorative training benefit is available for both children and spouses who need to overcome or lessen the effects of a physical or mental disability so that they will be able to pursue a program of education. A specialized vocational training program is available for those who are not in need of special restorative training but require specialized vocational training because of a mental or physical handicap.

Military discharge certificate, death certificate or official document verifying POW status or MIA status, marriage certificate, and birth certificate(s).

Not applicable.

Join conversations about this Program specifically... and Student Financial Aid (in general) on our sister site Aidpage dedicated to online mutual support and sharing of information.

ScholarshipsFellowshipsGrants & LoansTraineeships

Students and Parents! Share this page: